The Creed of Eternal Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Creed of Eternal Darkness

Be the broken or the breaker. Be the giver or the undertaker. Unlock and open the doors. Be the healer or the faker. The keys are in your hands. Realize you are your own sole creator of your own masterplan.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RP Rules and Regulations

Go down 
+3
vampyrekisses
Domitrix
Kain Reaver
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kain Reaver
Administrator
Administrator
Kain Reaver

RP Rules and Regulations Empty
PostSubject: RP Rules and Regulations   RP Rules and Regulations I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 7:26 pm

Welcome all members. Your acknowledgement of these rules is required in order for you to be able to create a character and be granted access to the RP forums. Please read these rules and acknowledge that you have read and agreed to them.

Rules of the Creed

1. Cybering (or cyber sex) is not allowed whether in RP posts or OOC posts.

In RP, it will be acceptable for RP characters to engage in romance with other RP characters, but we don't want to see RP characters running around like horny toads humping everything they see. Please also keep such posts for any romantic scenes as G-rated as possible.

In OOC, any sexually related posts will be removed and the violator warned. No one wants to see such posts so keep it to yourselves.

2. There is a 2 sentence minimum for ALL RP POSTS. OOC posts are not regulated and you are able to post as much or as little as you want. RP posts MUST be at least 2 sentences.

What we DON'T want to see in an RP post

*walks in*
    or
    *looks around*
    or
    *smiles*

What we DO want to see in an RP post

*The tall male vampire walked into the tavern, looking around to see who's all there. He smiles at the environment of the place, getting a good feeling that his time will be worthwhile while he's here*

Using at least 2 sentences makes everything more interesting, does it not?

Yes, yes, we all are very busy in our lives and sometimes we don't have the time to make an RP post in its entirety. But if you can't post at least 2 complete sentences, then do not post at all. Wait until you have the time to make a complete post.

3. Symbols defining actions from speech can be used at the sole discretion of the poster. However, we do ask that symbols be used properly and not used to place a space between words. (i.e. he+woke+up+in+the+morning+and+saw+it+was+daylight.) Improper use of symbols will be treated as Leet text and will be acted upon accordingly.

4. There is no cursing (swearing) filter, but please keep vulgar language to a minimum. The Administrators can and will change this if things get out of hand.

5. Be respectful to ALL MEMBERS! If you disagree to certain things or with things that are said, you may voice your opinion, RESPECTFULLY. Mouthing off, making smart-ass remarks, sarcasm, abusive comments, or even flaming or trolling will NOT be tolerated and violaters will be dealt with swiftly and harshly.

6. All OOC posts must be kept in OOC topics, not in RP topics. There are situations that will arise in which users will inform others to inappropriate RP actions, or if one questions the validity of another player's post. This will be allowed to an extent, but if a debate should arise, please take the discussion to the OOC topics to avoid being warned.

7. Before posting in a topic, carefully read the description of the topic you want to post in. There may be important information inside the description itself on how to enter, whether fighting is allowed or not, or if the topic (area) is private.

8. Before RPing in The Creed, you must post a valid character profile. Those who have not created valid characters will not be granted access to post in the RP topics until you have done so.

9. God-Moding and any form of such is strictly prohibited. It is understandable that no one wants their character to die, but in order to keep RP interesting, do allow your character to take damage.

"Auto-Blocking" can be considered God-Moding in the sense that the player doesn't wish for their character to take damage. Despite one's character possibly being a "master" at blocking, not every attack should be blocked. This makes fighting incredibly boring and others will lose interest in RPing with you as they will see you as a "sissy". Keep the interest and take some damage. You can heal your character after all, right?

10. Auto-Hitting and any form of such is also strictly prohibited. Auto-Hitting entails where the attacking party posts a clearly defined strike against another character and/or if the victim takes any damage. An example is as follows:

*Rafael drew his sword and thrust it into Devon's abdomen, causing him extreme pain. Devon begins to bleed and is suffering life-threatening damage.*

Such posts will cause a warning to be issued to the poster. Please refrain from posting damage towards other's characters in your posts. Give your opponent the opportunity to dodge, deflect, or counter your attack. You don't want others controlling your character, so do not control what damage was done to another's character.

This also includes force-moving another player's character (unless the other player allows it before-hand).

"Auto-Trapping" is another form of "Auto-Hitting" in the sense that the opposing player was not given a chance to have his/her character evade the trap, or even spot it and/or disarm it. As with Auto-Hitting, give your opponent the opportunity to evade any damage. You wouldn't want your character trapped without the chance to evade, so give others the chance to do the same.

11. Guns are allowed in RP. However, do not post that the bullet hit its target unless the weapon is fired at an NPC that you are in control of. If a gun is fired at another player's character, simply state that the weapon was aimed at a character's body part and the trigger was pulled. Be creative with how you post a gun discharge. And also be respectful towards the target character's player. If you don't want your character's head blown off by a .50cal Barrett sniper rifle from a mile away, then don't blow another player's character to hell.

12. "Cloning" is prohibited. "Cloning" refers to having the same RP Character in two places (topics) at once. Seeing as this isn't realistic, it's not allowed on this site. If you wish for your character to be at another place, move him/her/it to where you want them to go.

If you accidentally clone, the best thing for you to do is make a post indicating that your character has left the topic (ensure the rules are followed) in order to avoid being issued a warning.

13. Repeat violators will be removed from the Creed for 1 month, and if violations continue once they rejoin, they will be exhiled (banned) eternally.

14. Members who follow these rules and do not get issued a warning for at least six (6) months, will be elegible for promotion to either an Enforcer, or a Moderator. Once the member chooses the role they wish to fill, they will be considered for promotion by the Administrators along with the other Enforcers and Moderators. Once a discussion has taken place, it will be decided if your promotion will be accepted or declined. Should you receive a promotion, you will be expected to carry out the duties described within your role and rank.

Once promoted, if a user does not follow the rules, demotion may occur depending on the severity of the violation. Once demoted back to a regular member, the user will never be eligible for promotion ever again. Being an Enforcer or Moderator is a priviledge, not a right. Earn our trust and respect and you will go far in this site.

As for users being promoted to Administrator, this will not be taken into consideration unless the Administrators deem it necessary that help is required. Please do not ask to be promoted nor ask to be considered to be promoted to Administrator.

15. All users MUST post in this topic to acknowledge these rules. Those who do not post here will not have their character profiles approved.

By posting your acknowledgement, you hereby accept and agree to abide by these rules and regulations at all times. You also acknowledge that should you violate any of these rules you will be issued an appropriate warning. If you are issued a warning, you have the right to contest it by replying to the issuer of the warning via PM. If it is deemed that you did not violate any rules, the warning will be dismissed and cleared and no action will be taken against you. In the event that you are banned, you can contact the founders of this board (either myself or Samantha Reaver) and we will consider your contest. If your account is unbanned, your previous warning level will be restored. Any further violations (unless cleared) will result in your account being banned once again and will not be reactivated ever again.

Last edited by Kain Reaver on Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://creedofdarkness.forummotion.com
Domitrix
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Domitrix

PostSubject: Re: RP Rules and Regulations   RP Rules and Regulations I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 7:14 pm

I have read, been notified of, and agree to comply to the terms listed above.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orderofshadows.forumotion.com
vampyrekisses
vampyrekisses

PostSubject: Re: RP Rules and Regulations   RP Rules and Regulations I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 6:22 am

I have read and understood and fully support these rules.
Back to top Go down
DemonLord_FuriousPyro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
DemonLord_FuriousPyro

PostSubject: Re: RP Rules and Regulations   RP Rules and Regulations I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 7:26 am

I have read understand these terms I also agree to them
Back to top Go down
Aelyzaren
Aelyzaren

PostSubject: Rules   RP Rules and Regulations I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:07 pm

I have read and understood the given rules and swear to abide by them in every manner, or suffer the consequences.
Back to top Go down
ImprobusNinja
ImprobusNinja

PostSubject: Re: Rules   RP Rules and Regulations I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 4:14 am

Read and understood the above. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://rp.eliteskills.com/u.php?u=9198
bud4man20
bud4man20

PostSubject: Re: RP Rules and Regulations   RP Rules and Regulations I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:56 pm

I accept and acknowledge the Rules and Regulations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RP Rules and Regulations   RP Rules and Regulations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RP Rules and Regulations
Page 1 of 1