The Creed of Eternal Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Creed of Eternal Darkness

Be the broken or the breaker. Be the giver or the undertaker. Unlock and open the doors. Be the healer or the faker. The keys are in your hands. Realize you are your own sole creator of your own masterplan.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lake of Echoes

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Samantha Reaver
Administrator
Administrator
Samantha Reaver

Location : With my husband, my eternal love where I shall always remain.

Lake of Echoes - Page 3 Empty
PostLake of Echoes

A black lake that lays within a valley of tall cliffs and mountains. The surface of the water glass like and smooth, reflecting the light of the moon and the twinkling of the stars. Many sounds are heard in almost silent whispers that bounce off the cliff walls, or is it something darker that lurks amoungst the shadows?
Back to top Go down
https://creedofdarkness.forummotion.com/index.htm
Share this post on: reddit

Lake of Echoes :: Comments

Kain Reaver
Re: Lake of Echoes
Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:25 am  Kain Reaver
He knows she hasn't heard those words for over 200 years, and he knows it has a soothing effect on her. He can already feel her thoughts becoming organized once more. Smiling softly, he spots a small cave that's partially hidden by some bushes. Then he spots a simple tree. "Well, wherever you wish to slumber my love."
Samantha Reaver
Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:19 am  Samantha Reaver
"I love you too Kain, and there is no need to thank me my darling. I know you would have done the same for me, that is the bond we share, all that matters now is you have returned to me" her arms tighten more about him before she pulls back,glancing around looking for a hidden spot for them to slumber safely
Kain Reaver
Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:14 am  Kain Reaver
"You know just as well as I do that wherever you are, I don't care where we are, just as long as you are there with me." He softly kisses the top of her head, and continues to hold her ever closer to him. "I love you Samantha! Thank you for everything you've done for me over the centuries. I'm sorry I was away from your side the whole time. I give you my word that will never happen again."
Samantha Reaver
Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:07 am  Samantha Reaver
"There might be rooms in the tavern, if not then it is the out doors for us" sliding her arms about his waist she steps in closer to him resting her head against his still bare chest "until we find a new home we will have to retrive some belongings from the palace" already she was beginning to not think of it as home.
Kain Reaver
Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:03 am  Kain Reaver
"You look beautiful as always my love!" he says with a proud smile as he stands and wraps his arms around his beloved, just happy that she hasn't found another while he was slumbering. Hugging her tight to him, strangely, he yawns. "Well I guess there's no way to escape slumber now is there?" He chuckles a little. "Where do you stay my sweet? I'm not too comfortable with staying at the palace. I see it as I've been there for over 200 years and I have no wish to go back. I'm sure our bed has a big body imprint in the middle and it will definitely be very uncomfortable for the both of us to sleep in."
Samantha Reaver
Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:54 am  Samantha Reaver
A sly grin spreads across her lips at Kain's thoughts. "We are quietly powerful I suppose one might say" placing her hands hand her legs, she pushes herself up to a standing position, her long jacket fluttering softly about her while she straightened her shirt. "You know my love you never said anything about how I look" she looks at him the teasing nature evident within her eyes.
Kain Reaver
Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:48 am  Kain Reaver
Again he sighs, hearing that his victory did nothing but destroy hundreds, if not, thousands of lives during the times Nihilus was around. And now he still lives. Perhaps he's met his match. Perhaps Nihilus cannot be defeated. But defeat is one thing, domination is another. The Creed seems to have their hands in everything, their power and influence everywhere. Perhaps that was a defeat in itself.
Samantha Reaver
Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:44 am  Samantha Reaver
"He is lurking about...somewhere. I am sure once word spreads of your awakening he will make his presence known. Until then the main ones we must hide from is the humans, you know how they fear what they do not know and now they out number us" she gives a bitter chuckle at this statement "ironic is it not, the hunter is now the hunted"
Kain Reaver
Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:34 am  Kain Reaver
"I agree my love. And the sooner the better. As soon as the ones who seek to destroy us find out that I'm awake, they may choose to act harshly." After a brief pause, he looks to his wife and asks the question on his mind. "What of.... of Nihilus? Did he ever return?"
Samantha Reaver
Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:29 am  Samantha Reaver
Chuckling softly she nods her head " yes, while an explosion would be rather exciting to see, unless it were done properly it might have the opposite effect. Everything we do must be throughly planned and executed, but I think now that you have awakened it is time to move on from the palace" all the she had spent wandering they massive home if the truth be told she was more then ready to make a new start with her husband once again at her side
Kain Reaver
Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:24 am  Kain Reaver
"Well, it would be a blow to those who seek out to destroy us by seeing the entire palace simply explode. They will think that I'm dead for sure and maybe seek out new ventures." He wonders just how much of this will be true and if that's even a good idea to carry out. "Would be cool to see a massive explosion happen and see the terror on everyone's faces." He then chuckles as he realized that for the first time in ages, he said the word 'cool' around his beloved. He knows that she knows he's been to this time before and that proved in the choice of word he just used.
Samantha Reaver
Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:16 am  Samantha Reaver
"We can still live within the palace, but I am unsure for how much longer" feeling the ground with her hand she brushes over a flat stone and grasps it within her hand before pulling her arms back and then releasing the rock, watching as it breaks the glassy surface of the watter and skips across the lake before sinking beneathe the surface.
Kain Reaver
Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:10 am  Kain Reaver
Sighing, he senses her thoughts, knowing everything she said is true and the situation is as dire as ever. "Well I guess staying in the palace is no longer an option huh?" Out of all the homes he had lived in, nothing would compare to the palace high in the sky, but he smiles at the thought of buying a beach front condo with his beloved, knowing that is where she would be happy staying in due to the proximity of the home.
Samantha Reaver
Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:02 am  Samantha Reaver
Again hearing Kain's thoughts she looks at him quickly, her expression deadly serious. "We need the Creed now more then ever, there are many within the Creed that keep us safe, otherwise we would constantly be hunted like a pack of rabid dogs. The members do everything they can to keep each other safe, even using places of authority to our adventage* the hue of her eyes begin to dark as she speaksand for a moment she longs for the simplier times when she could just laugh with and love her beloved.
Kain Reaver
Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:57 am  Kain Reaver
Having heard everything about the Creed, all the pain staking tasks that she has had to deal with for his own protection, he now knows all that had happened during his slumber. "So what is our ultimate goal? Is it to restore our former glory, or to just survive?" he asks in query. Now that the ultimate objective is complete, he seems to think that the Creed has no purpose for existing.
Samantha Reaver
Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:49 am  Samantha Reaver
Samantha then falls silent, having uttered more words in the past few hours then she had since her beloved had fallen ill. Lifting her hand from his shoulder she places it on his leg just abouve the knee, trying to make sure his presence is real and that she herself had not fallen into some infernal trance
Kain Reaver
Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:44 am  Kain Reaver
Once Sam talks about matching necklaces, Kain reaches to his neck and finds the other necklace that Sam had put around his neck during his slumber. Smiling softly, he clasps the necklace and feels it gently, knowing that it is now a part of his life, a new way of life.
Samantha Reaver
Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:31 am  Samantha Reaver
Finally she finishes her story, still looking straight ahead at the water, Samantha then brings her hand to the necklace around her neck before she looks to her beloved. "Always be on the look out fr this symbol" she says while letting the chain hang over her finger so the cross dangles for Kain to view with ease. "It may be in many various forms, a tattoo, a belt buckle, an earring or as with us matching necklaces. All this has been done in an effort to protect you my love, but more and more it has grown to protect us all."
Kain Reaver
Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:24 am  Kain Reaver
Kain listens as Samantha explains everything that happened, how the Creed was formed, how they have a play in just about every government infrastructure, how the Creed lives in the shadows, and how important it is to remain in secrecy. This was a bit much for him to take in, but Kain kept listening with intent. He wants to know everything, and as she speaks more to him, the prouder he becomes of her for protecting him all these years.
Samantha Reaver
Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:18 am  Samantha Reaver
Looking upon the glass like surface of the lake she begins to tell him all that had happened in his absence, the uprising of the people of DVK, her only objective eo protect them, their fleeing for safety as well as making their home here in this new city. Slowly kneeling beside him, the hem of her jacket pooling about her she begins to tell Kain of the Creed of Eternal Darkness.
Kain Reaver
Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:13 am  Kain Reaver
"I'll be ok my love. I just need a minute to absorb all this. Just... just tell me what happened." He takes some comfort in her touch, and places his hand over hers, just happy he's with her once again, and that she's still devoted to him and their love.
Samantha Reaver
Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:06 am  Samantha Reaver
Swiftly she uncrosses her legs and pushes away from the tree she had been leaning against, footsteps falling silently she makes her way to Kain where she stands beside him, placing her slender hand upon his shoulder. "I know this is all a lot for you my love" sadness again floods her eyes as does worry while she wonders if he will be able to cope with all these sudden changes.
Kain Reaver
Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:00 am  Kain Reaver
Shock begets him, unable to believe the words his ears have just heard. "DVK... is......... gone?" A lump forms in his throat and he swallows it hard, looking out to the lake that he remembers so clearly from 200 years ago. It looked so much more different than what he remembered, but it was the same lake. "I..." he slumps to his knees once more, unable to swallow the truth.
Samantha Reaver
Post Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:55 pm  Samantha Reaver
Releasing the necklace from her grasp she looks directly at Kain, reminding herself that it is her beloved and she thinks over how close the two of them had always "your beloved kingdom is no more. After many years without you the kingdom revolted and I had to flee with you. Now we reside in a city amoungst humans, here we always have to watch our backs. Nothing is as it used to be. Now we truly are the creatures of the shadows"
Kain Reaver
Post Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:35 pm  Kain Reaver
Looking at his beloved in curiosity, he wonders why she is being so secretive. He begins to think of a reason of why they can't tell everyone who they are and what has taken place over the past 200 years. "My love, what's going on? What happened to DVK? Where's everyone?" His inquisitive nature may get the better of him, but he needs to know what's going on.
Post   Sponsored content

Lake of Echoes

Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Creed of Eternal Darkness :: Role-Play (RP) Topics :: Cities :: The City of Cimmerian :: Public Sector-
Jump to: